A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
- Strictly necessary cookies are used for the operation of our website.
The following cookies, which are set by Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc, are also used:
- Analytical/performance cookies: They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and more relevant to your interests.
Google stores the information collected by the cookies on servers in the United States. Google may transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
You can find more information about cookies and the purposes for which we use them below:
Examples of purposes for which a cookie may be used:
- Estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site and to provide you with details that are targeted at your individual interests
- Speed up your searches
- Recognise you when you return to our site
- Allow you to use our site in a way that makes your browsing experience more convenient
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies.
However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Our cookies remain on your machine until they expire or until they’re deleted.
*This version was last updated in February 2021.